2, Ajose Adeogun Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- Oversees and is accountable for the long-term planning for pipeline construction projects.
- Oversees and sets milestones for the entire project development cycle, from conception through to commercial operation.
- Performs flow studies and feasibility analyses of the existing system and potential projects.
- Works with the Strategy & Planning/Business Development personnel to create proposals for new business opportunities and assists in translating these into viable projects.
- Liaises with Government departments, agencies and representatives to secure the necessary statutory approvals and licenses (PTS,OPL, EIA).
- Oversees and coordinates front-end detail design and engineering efforts.
- Develops and manages project activities and work plans to ensure adherence to construction specifications and delivery schedules to eliminate variations that may hinder on time delivery; also manages and resolves problems/issues that arise during construction, validation/testing and hand over processes.
- Handles processes for tracking and recording any agreed changes to design specifications and blueprints as may be required during construction and testing phases.
- Provides analysis and review of project cost/budget variances.
- Participates in periodic performance review sessions, and reports on engineering design status as may be necessary from time to time.
- Manages the performance, career development, welfare and motivation of permanent and termed employees within the project Construction teams.
- Provides adequate security for construction sites, liaising with the Admin. Officer and 3rd party security agencies as may be required.
- Supports Gaslink’s Customer Service and Operations/Technical Services functions in enabling the optimal usage of the company’s gas facilities while maintaining sound engineering practices.
- Produces periodic (weekly & monthly) status reports and summaries to update management and other stakeholders as regards project status and issues for urgent management attention.
- Prepares tenders for construction activities and liaises with the Technical Supplies/Procurement function to obtain necessary items.
- Monitors the activities of 3rd party suppliers and vendors related to construction efforts.